Farrah Fawcett's Cancer Returns

After being given a clean bill of health in February, Farrah Fawcett has learned that her anal cancer has returned.

It was only last October that Farrah went public with her health scare saying that she would be undergoing treatment for the cancer.

Doctors recently discovered a new, small polyp on Farrah. The 60 year-old actress has vowed to beat the cancer for a second time.

After being declared cancer free last February Fawcett told Entertainment Tonight, "This is an extraordinarily happy day for me and my family. I have been on a journey for the past four months and during this time received a tremendously aggressive treatment which doctors initially warned me would be the most difficult fight of my life. I was told they needed me to 'bite the bullet' and that would require great courage and unfailing determination. In the face of excruciating pain and uncertainty, I never lost hope and it never occurred to me to stop fighting -- not ever.

"This experience has also humbled me by giving me a true understanding of what millions of others face each day in their own fight against cancer. I hope that my news might offer some level of inspiration to others who unfortunately must continue to fight the disease. So to those who are still struggling toward their own victory, stay determined, 'fight the fight' and I will keep you and your families in my thoughts and prayers.

"I am deeply grateful to my team of physicians, my loving and supportive family and devoted friends who have sustained me as I battled this terrible disease, strengthened by my faith in God and the encouragement of so many."

Farrah pledged last year to help other cancer patients with a fundraising program that she started in December.

Farrah personally designed a t-shirt with the saying, "Fight the Fight" on it, her personal motto during treatment. A portion of the sales are being donated to the American Cancer Society.

The shirt is available for purchase at Farrah's official Web site: www.FarrahFawcett.us.
Source