Melinda Doolittle Voted Off American Idol

This is why I prefer the beginning of the American Idol season versus the end.

Melinda Doolittle should have been the winner of this years American Idol. She was clearly the strongest, best and most consistent singer.

But you know how AI works. 90% of the people who actually vote are below the age of 17. Doolittle isn't the ultra chic, young spirit that the kids are looking for. She's an old soul, a timeless classic..that's why she lost.

I like Blake, but c'mon. He is not even close to being a great singer. Sure, he is entertaining, original and to some cute, but ehh..

Jordin is a great singer even though she is only seventeen years-old. At this point I think she will and should win the competition. But I thought for sure that Doolittle was the going to be the winner hands down, so what do I know?

I don't know why I am surprised. Last year I thought Chris Daughtry should have won, and I still think he was the best last year.

What do you think Smackaholics? Are you as shocked as I am about Melinda Doolittle?



Please take Celebrity Smack's blog reader survey! It's a great time killer!