Michelle Rodriguez Talks About Being Outed by 'Curve' Magazine

Michelle Rodriguez wrote on her website about being featured on the cover of Curve, a lesbian magazine.

From Michelle's website: "As far as rumors go of me coming out, I guess Curve magazine took it upon themselves to out me on the premise of their own suspicions.

"Whatever, I'm not insulted, I have a big lesbian following, and for whatever reasons they show me love. I'm never going to shun, disrespect or neglect anybody who shows me genuine non-psychotic love."

"I will say this: To put words in someone's mouth and place people in categories affects them for sure, especially in this business...I don't know what the intent behind the Curve magazine cover was. I wasn't informed of it, I had no idea they were planning on using my image to sell magazines."

"If I wanted people to know what I do with my vagina I would have released a sex video a long time ago. Yet I haven't done that."

Michelle thinks that being labeled as a lesbian would hinder her career. "There are certain things that can close doors between a celebrity and certain audiences. ... If I were Ellen [DeGeneres] I may get away with the 'I'm gay' level of exposure, but I'm not a comedian, I like men (real ones anyway) and I've only been in this business for seven years, not 20."

The Curve article does not say specifically that Rodriguez is gay, but many on the internet assumed that she had officially outed herself.

Curve executive editor Diane Anderson-Minshall told People Magazine: "I am sorry that Michelle Rodriguez feels like we've outed her. If she would read the article, she could see that is simply not true. Our intention was definitely not to do that. We simply wanted to pay homage to an actress that has been on our 'Top 5 Wish List' (of celebrities our readers want to read more about) for several years."

Source