My New O'Neill Wetsuit ROCKS

Warm water is here, and I can finally ditch my 5 mm Scuba Pro wetsuit and three million pounds of weights, plus hooded vest and lycra suit. Srsly! I got a 1mm wetsuit for sun protection and yes i will admit it, for a little warmth. I LOVE it. It fits, I dont' look like a frog ninja, or a michelen man-lady. I can lift my weight belt easily. It hugs my curves, it's stealth looking, it's easy to get on. For summer, it looks so much better than the lycra suit I was wearing...see picture here . I guess that's all I really have to say about a wetsuit, so now let me talk about my new fins.

I got Omer Millenium fins, smallest size they make for my ladies size 7 feet. The foot pocket is still too big so my boyfriend helped me order some 4 or 5 mm booties to wear. The thick socks not only fill up the space but also protect my feet from rubbing and blisters. BF has to tape up toes every time he goes out. I, all I have to do is yank on my tight booties. Each time they are a little looser, too, so if you get some and you just can't believe how tight they are, they do loosen up after four or five wears.

Can I just warn people a little bit about long freediving fins? They displace LOTS more water than soft little short fins like my old Mares VOLOs. Those things were bending right in half with every kick right before I got the new fins. Look, here's a picture I took to prove it:



The freediving Omer Millenium fins are longer, harder, and MUCH harder on your ankles. Yes, my ankles were useless after my first day with the fins. It felt like sprained ankles. Have to practice and then your ankles get used to it. But still, if I forget and go all out kicking to catch something in the water (a fish, the boat in a strong current, or BF), I still get the fake sprained ankle feeling for a while. Remedy is just to take a half hour break and it goes away.
Here's a picture of me trying out new fins for the first time. You can see my ankles breaking: