Spearfishing Girls



Ok, where are all the girls out there who spear fish? Where are all the female spearos? I read spearboard, my boyfriend and I occassionally meet people and go spearfishing with people from the board, and so far only one other girl has come out with us and shot fish. Come on girls, where are you? I have gear questions, I want to bond! I need girlfriends with common interests and crazy outlooks on life. I know you're out there, come on this is Key West. Leave a comment, let me know who you are, how long you've been a spearo, or anything you want to tell me about spearfishing.

I've been at it for about 8 months and I can get down to almost 30 feet. My goal is 40 feet by the end of the summer, but I think I need actual longfins for that. My current fins are Mares Volo, which are kind of short and flexible. It takes me considerable effort to get down to the bottom, which is killing my bottom time and endurance. Longfins might help but I'm not really 100% sure. Well, that's what they guys wear, and freedivers wear longfins for a reason, so why wouldn't they help?

The problem is, I can't seem to find longfins in women's sizes. I'm a size 7, which is European size 37 or 38. Cressi garas come in size 40 and up. That's a women's 9!

I've seen Omer Milleniums at size 38/40 online, but I can't find someone who actually sells them anywhere, even online. The store that has them in the smaller size is out of business (spearfishinggear.com).

So, how do you spearos out there fit your fins? Someone suggested I buy some thick (like 5mm) booties to fill up the larger fin. I guess I could do that, but at over $100, I'm going to try and find the right size.

If anyone out there has some advice, I'd surely appreciate it!!!!!!
-SpearCat