Too Much Lobster

Ben is getting so good at getting lobster, I'm can't even believe I'm not excited anymore about how much lobster I get to eat. I don't even try and help anymore, instead practicing shooting fish in the shallow waters while he searches under rocks for entrenched lobsters who've managed to survive this long into the season. We've been eating so much lobster all winter, it's hard to believe there are any more out there. And we don't even go far from Key West. They're right there, so close to home. Still!

I haven't yet warmed up to the idea of reaching under rocks into the darkness, which is why I also don't seek out grouper. Whatever. Let me kill my jacks and I'm happy as a clam. I LOVE killing jacks. Although a GIANT hogfish, the kind with the gaping mouth like a flopper would be nice too. People have lists, well, the giant hogfish is on my list. I kind of like getting snapper who hang out on the bottom next to coral, too. They are challenging and very smart. They keep their eye on you, so when you get near, they run away. very keen senses.

Here's a nice little catch we got recently. As usual, most of the stuff is Ben's catch but I'm getting better. Now that I have a super 5mm wetsuit the cold doesn't get to me anymore. I'm such a coldness wimp! You can tell we were in shallow water because there are lobster and the hogfish are small. The jack is random and just passed through.